Table of Contents[close]
ISO files extracted using DVD copy software cannot be played directly on smartphones or normal playback software. To be able to watch dvd or Blu-ray movies on your smartphone, you should convert ISO files extracted from DVD or Blu-ray to mp4 data.
In this article, we will introduce some free software to convert DVD data.
First of all, I would like to introduce DVDFab, a brand of DVD copying and converting products. It is a really useful multimedia solution for both Windows and Mac, with countless features such as importing DVD/Blu-ray to PC, creating DVD/Blu-ray from individual video files, converting between videos or from video to audio, removing copy protections, and so on. DVDFab is available in two versions: a trial version and a full-featured version.
DVDFab is divided into a trial version and a full version. In the first 30 days, you can try all the paid features for free, and after the free trial period expires, it becomes a permanent trial version with limited functions. Actually, the free version is DVDFab HD Decrypter, if you want to convert ISO files to mp4, you can use the free version; it supports many formats and can even cut the background music of DVD and Blu-ray movies and convert them to MP3 format.
The function you need to convert ISO files to mp4 is DVDFab's " Rip " function. During conversion, the trimming function is perfect for those who want to remove unwanted videos or decorate videos with images, text, or other unique things. And above all, it is fast.
Visit the official website: https://dvdfab.org/all-in-one.htm
1. You can use the trial version after the free trial period to convert mp4 as well as mkv as the output video format.
2. You can output video up to 480p resolution.
3. When you purchase the full version to the trial version features, DVDFab DVD Ripper, which supports only DVD and DVD data, and DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper, which supports only Blu-ray and Blu-ray data, are sold separately, but you can get the bundle for a better price.
4. It took me about 15 minutes to convert a 1 hour 35 minute ISO movie for 3D Blu-ray to an mp4 file.
Next, I would like to recommend HandBrake, an iso to mp4 converter that can convert various video files including DVD and Blu-ray to mp4/mkv/WebM, supporting both DVD and Blu-ray discs and data, and easily convert ISO files for DVD and ISO files for Blu-ray to mp4. ISO files for DVD and Blu-ray can be easily converted to mp4.
When compressing ISO to mp4, you can extract and convert specific chapters in the title, synthesize subtitles, apply filters such as frame resize, sharpen/de-noise/deinterlacing/detect, change video frame rate (FPS), select audio channels, and many other settings.
When downloading HandBrake, you will be asked to install the NET file as well. When downloading the NET file, please make sure you have the correct installer for Windows, mac, Linux, apps, PCs, and servers, as there are separate installers for each.
1. this is just the minimum steps to convert ISO to mp4. The detailed settings for video, audio, subtitles, etc. during the conversion will be described in another article.
2. It took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to convert a 1 hour and 35 minute ISO movie file for 3D Blu-ray to mp4. The speed is not fast by any means, but the operation is certainly easy.
3. The downloaded version is in Japanese, so you don't have to go through the trouble of converting it to Japanese.
4. After launching HandBrake, you can click "Settings" in the lower left corner to configure various settings.
XMedia Recode is a completely free and excellent ripping software that can convert DVD/Blu-ray or its ISO data to various video formats such as mp4, mkv, etc. It does not have an easy-to-understand UI like dvdfab, but its functions are so strong that it cannot be matched by paid software. It supports DVD and Blu-ray discs, and can even extract mp3 audio from videos alone. I highly recommend both the conversion and video editing functions!
I think the settings are a bit cumbersome for beginners, but if you just want to convert ISO files to mp4 without any settings, it becomes very easy. For more, see XMedia Recode Settings & Usage.
Since it supports numerous languages, you don't have to go through the trouble of converting to Japanese, just set the option to Japanese and you're good to go.
1. XMedia Recode's conversion function is strong and the supported formats are very wide.
2. Rich editing functions. Besides the basic video editing functions, XMedia Recode also provides countless advanced functions such as video audio synchronization, filter addition, audio track addition, chapter setting, color correction, and so on.
Next up is VidCoder. This is another software that can convert ISO image files as well as DVD, Blu-ray, and various videos to mp4/mkv. It is nice to be able to convert each video to m4v, and it can convert any video, including DVD data and Blu-ray data, to H.264, H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, and Theora compressed mp4 video.
Since it incorporates HandBrake's encoding engine, the screen style and controls are all similar to HandBrake's. You can cut out specific parts of the video, and you can specify a range by chapter, playback time, etc. There are also many filters that can be applied. It supports Japanese, so there is no need to translate the video into Japanese.
1. VP8 / VP9 / Theora can output to MKV only.
NET Framework 4.7.1" may be required when using on a PC other than Windows 10.
3. Encoding can be specified in "Encoding Settings" and various settings can be made in "General Settings".
4. An ISO movie for 3D Blu-ray of about 1 hour and 35 minutes will take about 1 hour and 20 minutes to convert to an mp4 file.
Freemake Video Converter supports a wide range of video and audio formats, including DVD to mp4 conversion. Freemake Video Converter supports DVD to mp4 conversion, and converts videos with excellent speed, stability, and quality. Streaming videos such as Nico Nico Douga can also be converted to DVD or mp4. You can also create photo slideshows in 4K and Full HD, and trim, merge, edit subtitle font and size, and more. It can also convert to SWF and HTML5 media formats for embedding in websites.
However, it supports DVD format, but does not support DVD ISO image files. Besides, the watermark in the middle of the free converted video file is very annoying. To remove the watermark, you have to pay for it.
ISO files are not supported.
2. Encrypted DVDs cannot be decrypted and converted.
3. Conversion without logo is charged.
4. It can convert mp4 video to BD data.
This is a paid ISO to MP4 converter. With registration, you can convert ISO files to mp4, 4k videos are supported, GIF creation and unlimited conversion. It is unfortunate that you cannot experience the full functionality.
1. ISO to mp4 conversion is not possible with the trial version.
2. Only ISO for DVD is supported, not ISO for Blu-ray.
3. I have tried it and found that even with the latest version, there are many errors in DVD and ISO input.
4. While converting, you can use the "Edit" button to make various settings such as cropping, watermarking, etc.
Last but not least, Wondershare UniConverter, a paid software to convert ISO to MP4, which I expected a lot since Wondershare is well known in the video editing industry, but I was disappointed. I downloaded the latest version of File Converter, DVD Converter, and DVD from the official DVD website and tried it out. It is advertised to have various functions such as background removal, subtitle editing, silence detection and cutting, watermark hiding, fast conversion, recording, and downloading, but I could not even get the input to work.
When I imported the same Blu-ray ISO file used by each of the above mentioned software into UniConverter, an error occurred. If I try to convert it to a DVD ISO file and import it again, I still get the same error message.
The following steps 1-3 are tested with ISO files, but the subsequent steps show how to convert to mp4 using VOB files instead.
1. Select "Audio" to convert to mp3.
2. The trial version can only convert 30% of the video.
3. When I tried it, I could not input ISO files.
Handbrake and VidCoder are completely free software, but they do not support many copy protections. On the other hand, DVDFab can handle many copy protections and the conversion speed is fast. I think the price is a bit high, but it is completely free to convert ISO image files to mp4, although the trial version has limited functionality. I also checked Free DVD Video Converter and avi.NET, but none of them support ISO image files. wondershare UniConverter supports normal videos like AVI, wmv, VOB, etc., but ISO files are a bit &. hellip;.
All in all, DVDFab is the most convenient and easy to use in terms of conversion speed and functions. If you don't care about speed and want more configuration features completely free of charge, use handbrake or VidCoder.
Blogging for a living! I live freely every day. 💛Recently, sparked by the influence of Corona, I started renting DVDs and Blu-rays and watching them at home.
「Watch your favorite movies and dramas ➡ Find an interesting film ➡ Create a backup」 has become the norm wI will continue to update this blog on how to copy, rip, create and play DVDs, Blu-rays and 4k UHD Blu-ray....